Saturday, November 2, 2013

MY MOTHER'S GARDEN

Yesterday I received this lovely email from my "little" sister and I want to share part of it with you. She wrote " I realize even more than ever, that how we individually face challenges in life can reflect how our children will face their challenges.  I am sure this is not an ah ha moment for some but at this moment I realized, in particular how Mom faced all her challenges in life, she left us a legacy more valuable than financial security or treasures."

Carole-Anne found this poem (author unknown) that I want to share with you because it speaks volumes of a Mother's love.

MY MOTHER's GARDEN

My Mother kept a garden
A garden of the heart
She planted all the good things
That gave my life its start
She turned me to the sunshine
And encouraged me to dream
Fostering and nurturing
The seeds of self esteem

And when the winds and rain came
She protected me enough
But not too much, she knew I'd need
To stand up strong and tough
Her constant good example
Always taught me right from wrong
Markers for my pathway
That will last a lifetime long

I am my Mother's garden
I am her legacy
And I hope today she feels the love
Reflected back from me.

My Sister knows me very well! This poem is so perfect! Love you!  Your "Big Sister"

I want to add that our Mother faced a lot of adversity and dealt with it head on. She never gave up and never lost her independent spirit. She truly was an inspiration to her two daughters. That was her marvelous legacy. I hope that C. A's and my children will all have that sense of never giving up. I certainly need that more than ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment