Sunday, November 10, 2013

ME

Leland and our son, Greg are off at a Falcon vs Seattle football game down in Atlanta. I went out with a friend for a little galavanting but spent most of the day home alone. I always have a phone by my side, just in case, I need to call 911. I am having to adapt to the new conditions under which I now conduct my life. I always keep the geographical location of the hospital in my mind when going out. Traveling out of the country is not an option at this time.  I have to be sure that I always take my anti-seizure medication on time. And, there is that ever looming MRI in January. What a way to live - but living I am and that's the good news. I try not to burden my family with my fears but I have to face the fact that life has altered in ways that I never predicted nor anticipated. "It is what it is".  Today I received an update on precious Ari and the fears that his parents' have for his future. The fact that Jody expressed their fears for their little one made me realize that I should express mine. Remember that I always try to tell it like it is. I smile, I primp and change hats to match my outfits, wear eyeshadow and blush and lipstick to try and look good. I am crying less but internally I worry, especially at night.  We have already determined that worrying is not healthy. I don't like my family to worry so I try to control it. I made the mistake of printing out information on brain tumors. Many pages that I skimmed over. I should have left well enough alone. TMI! I have written about facing fears and conquering them. Easier said then done! Okay, I am done now. I just needed to write about what is going on with me. I do feel fine so that is a plus. I hope that looking on the bright side, the cheerful side of things will help me heal. I will concentrate on that. There is no family, unfortunately, that goes their merry way without challenges. I guess these challenges make us stronger. I surely hope so! I also believe in miracles and I hope you do as well. I pray for Ari and his family and that miracle.

I don't want you to come away feeling gloomy after reading this.  It is just the reality of my situation and face it, I must. I also want you to know that time will help me decide how to proceed. Maybe that cruise will be in my future and certainly new hats, new lipsticks etc. are. I want to spend more time with all of the family, our son and five daughters and four grandchildren. Yes, there is still a lot of visiting,  new books to read, shopping and socializing with our great friends to do. And especially, I want to be by my husband Leland's side as he has been by mine. He is my hero and I adore him! So, I aim to go forward in fairly decent health and with a good attitude.  We shall see!  Time will tell!

"THE KING'S DECEPTION by STEVE BERRY is a good read.

ORANGE-CREAM CHEESE LOAF (This is so good!) The following is from the "Favorite Recipes of Episcopal Churchwomen" (1968)
2 1/4 cups sifted flour (not self rising)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1       "         Salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 - 8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cups chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons grated orange peel
1/4 cup orange juice
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Cream shortening, gradually add l l/3 sugar,, continuing to cream until light and fluffy,  Blend in eggs, beating well. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Cut cheese in 1/4 inch cubes; fold into batter along with walnuts and orange peel. Turn batter into 2 greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Bake at 375 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. Combine remaining sugar and orange juice; brush over hot loaves. Cool completely before serving.

Listen y'all stay well and enjoy the upcoming week. I have a luncheon on Wednesday and a healing service on Thursday. I was invited by our recently widowed neighbor and friend, Carol. I eagerly accepted!      




No comments:

Post a Comment