Friday, October 11, 2013

WHAT IF

Occasionally I wonder,  if at a young age I could have magically seen my future;  the highs and lows in a crystal ball, would I have made any changes in how I conducted my life.  The answer is yes but in ways you wouldn't expect. I would have completed my college education, and studied interior decorating.  Even if I had seen a brain tumor in my future I would have carried on in my merry way.  I learned and continue to learn through this crisis how wonderful and caring family and friends are.  I have kept and cherished all the loving cards from people. I believe in prayer and I so appreciate all of yours. Sometimes we are weakened by adversity. Believe me, there were days when I would be maudlin and would shed a tear or more. But, someone like Leland would be there to cheer me up and tell me how much he loves me. There would be inspiring calls from friends and family. I still receive them!  I feel selfish just focusing on myself!  I think of others, like little Ari, who has endured over sixty surgeries. He and his family are in my prayers.  I think of all of the young men and women who have lost their lives defending our country and the grieving families they have left behind. I still smile, still put on makeup, my hats and say to myself, stop being such a baby!! I wouldn't have changed anything else other than expanding on my education. I hope there is somewhat of a lesson here for our grandchildren.

I have had a wonderful life - no complaints.  But, there is still a lot that I want to accomplish, places that I want to visit, holidays I want to celebrate.  Needless to say, books I want to read and TV I want to watch. I am NOT giving up. I love life!

When it comes down to it, I don't think that any of us want to know what the future holds. We become stronger from adversity and hopefully find joy in everyday. We want our country to be strong and financially secure just like us in our old age. I believe in good people. I am not so naive, I know that there are people who are not good - but I don't know them.  I think we should all believe in ourselves!

I just purchased "INFERNO" BY DAN BROWN because friends have told me that it is a good read.

RECIPE: TIJUANA TORTE

One pound ground beef
One medium chopped onion
One can (1 lb) stewed tomatoes
One can (8oz) tomato sauce
One can (4oz) diced green chilies
One package (1 1/4 oz) taco miux
Twelve corn tortillas
One pound grated cheese

Brown beef and onion, drain excess fat. Add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilies and taco mix. Mix well, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10-15 minutes. Layer corn tortillas, beef mixture, cheese in a lightly greased lasagna sized pan. End layering with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. This is a great company dish!


No comments:

Post a Comment