Monday, October 14, 2013

JACK

We took my nephew, Josh, his wife Gilda and their precious son, Jack to the airport today. I can't tell you how touched we were that they would take the time to come visit. They wanted us to meet Jack. Laura, Joe and Greg also came to meet the newest member of the family. I can't brag enough about the baby who was born on April 23, 2013.  We all fell in love with him! He smiled all the time and just seem to "go with the flow".  Thank you Gilda and Joshua (great parents) for making the trip to Atlanta from New York City.  Jack is the beginning of another generation! He has made Grandma and Grandpa Centre very happy. And, Auntie is elated!

I had forgotten how much STUFF you have to pack for a baby. I admired how organized and prepared Gilda was.  I don't think at this age I would have the stamina to raise a baby. Grandchildren and grand nephews are the way to go.

Our dryer decided to quit yesterday! And the refrigerator is acting funny. Even appliances have to cope with old age. So, we purchased both a washer and dryer this afternoon.  Just a note: Home Depot and Lowe's give a ten percent discount to veterans but you must  show identification of proof. A considerable savings when making such a large purchase. Doesn't it seem that things seem to happen in bunches?

Gilda, a hairdresser trimmed my hair (thank you) and today I was comfortable going without a hat. What a milestone! Little by little, things are returning to normal.  At least for the time being. I have adjusted to having white hair and I actually like it.  Coping is a day to day affair but I feel stronger and proud and relieved that I have come this far.  And, this weekend as I watched the family it made me so aware of how life continues in the form of our younger loved ones. God bless them!

READING: I am enjoying "And the Mountains Echoed". Do recommend "The Killing of Kennedy" by Bill O'Reilly (okay so he is a tad arrogant!). It was very entertaining.

RECIPE: CHICKEN YUM YUM:

SIX BONELESS CHICKEN
SIX SLICES (plus) SWISS CHEESE
1 CAN CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP (undiluted)
1/4 CUP MILK
2 CUPS HERB STUFFING
1/4 CUP MELTED BUTTER

Combine soup and milk. Put chicken in a baking dish (I often double recipe and use lasagna size pan)
Layer swiss cheese on top of chicken. Pour soup and milk mixture on top. Mix stuffing and melted butter. Coat entire top with stuffing and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Cover with tin foil if stuffing starts to brown too quickly. Great make ahead company dish. How easy is that!

Enjoy your families now because as we all know, children grow up so quickly. It's important to communicate with them and give them your insights on facing the ups and downs of life. Remember they respect you and your feelings. Always be honest about any obstacles you faced head on etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment