Friday, October 4, 2013

FRIENDS

When I was five years old I attended kindergarten at Lincoln School in Mt. Vernon, New York. On my very first day I met Waldine Johnson (now Peckham) and Mary Meyers (now Rutherford). Sixty nine years later we are still great friends. When I met Leland I was seven years old and he was eleven. We were friends and we are still friends and more! I have friends from over fifty years ago, Gloria Hart, Vivien Cord and Sue Maddock. They have all been there for me through "thick and thin". Thank you!


In Germany I met Carol Light and Joy Miller. They too are wonderful friends. When we moved to Parson Runs I met June, (love ya! ), Danelle, and Marilyn. They too are very dear to me. Now that we are in The Orchards, I am indeed fortunate to be friends with Pat (extraordinary!), Judy, Bev, Micki, Joan (great next door neighbor), Susan, Elaine, Ann, Carol and Terry. You all are terrific! 

I don't use the term, friends, loosely. We go through life and we make many acquaintances but true friendships are rare. I am indeed fortunate to call all of the above true friends. It's so important to develop friendships, otherwise there is a big void in our lives. These are the people you can count on, talk to about anything and absolutely enjoy being with. In turn I hope you all know that I value your friendships and that I am here for you as you have been for me. Again, my heartfelt thank you!

Recipe: Tuna Chinese Noodle Casserole

1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 3oz can chow mein noodles
1 7 o can all white tuna
2 cups  celery
1 cup chopped onion
1/4 lb cashews (I use unsalted)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup

Melt butter, stir in garlic powder and soy sauce. Add noodles, toss lightly. Mix remaining ingredients, pour into casserole. Top with noodle mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with rice. Serves 6.

Read: "A Reliable Wife" by Robert Goolrick

Enjoy your weekend, do something fun and then get cozy!



No comments:

Post a Comment