Thursday, October 3, 2013

TIME FLIES

When I was a young child I couldn't wait for my birthday or Halloween or Christmas. Then when I was fifteen I couldn't wait for my sixteenth birthday. I knew then I would be able to obtain my driving permit.   My dad patiently taught me the rudiments of safe driving and to this day I heed many of his tips. My first car was a green Henry J and I paid $75.00 for it. Can you imagine? There was always something I was looking forward to. Little did I know that I was wishing my life away. How silly! Now that I am older I think that life is going by much too quickly. "Oh my", I say to Leland" it's the weekend again". Time flies by!  My babies are adults!! The grandchildren are growing so quickly. In my seventies I want life to slow down. I want to savor each day. We arise in the morning and "low and behold" it's time to go to bed! Where did the day go? It's so important at this stage of our lives not to  wish our lives away. I also realize it's good to have a "bucket list" and to be able to cross off an item. Scotland was on my list. We crossed it off in August after a wonderful trip. I have added another - a river cruise in Europe. I hope and pray we will be able to do it next year. If not, I am indeed satisfied with all we have done in the past.

British TV and more....

The BBC has some wonderful English programs: "Downtown Abbey",  "Keeping Up Appearances", "Midsummer Murders", "Inspector Lewis", "Sherlock Holmes" and Agatha Christie's mystery series and many more that are worth viewing. See, I told you I like TV.

I am also hooked on the food channel, HGTV and the cooking shows on BRAVO. TV is a good distraction for me. Thank goodness we have two TV's as the ones I just mentioned are not Leland's "cup of tea". As a couple we watch: "Chicago Fire", "NCIS", "Blue Bloods" and more.  Hope you enjoy!

Recipe: Lemonade Pie (so easy)

2 graham cracker crusts
1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk
1 (6 oz) frozen lemonade (thawed) (limeade can be substituted)
2 (8 oz cartons Cool Whip 

Brown the graham cracker crusts at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool. Mix lemonade and condensed milk thoroughly. Mix in one carton of Cool Whip. Pour half in each pie shell and chill. Divide second carton of cool whip as topping for each pie.

Reading:

Eugenia Price's trilogy about St. Simond's. These books are quite old but well worth tracking down. Then, I suggest a trip to St. Simond's!

Oh gosh! tomorrow is Friday! See how fast Time Flies! Enjoy your weekend readers.



2 comments:

  1. My first car was a blue Chevy cost $300. I bought this car with babysitting money. Babysitting then was 50 cents an hour. I make this pie with vanilla ice cream or yogurt, limeade or strawberry. Also, sometimes with a chocolate crust. We seem to do a lot of the same things. Maybe because we are related??
    Love, Joan

    ReplyDelete