Friday, January 3, 2014

THE NEW YEAR

Well, the tree has been undecorated, taken apart and stored. The next chore for Leland is to take down the multitude of Christmas lights that are bedecking our home (the talk of the neighborhood). I have moved things back to their normal location and tried to organize all of the decorations. We had a lovely Christmas and it was totally stress free. That's a very good thing.

It is so cold! Laura and Joe were supposed to leave for Hawaii this am but their flight was cancelled, along with thousands of others, until Sunday. Darn that global warming! Hopefully, they will leave early tomorrow morning as Laura worked her magic after a lengthy telephone wait and Joe got their hotel sorted out and extended for an additional day. Joe's Parents', Sisters', Aunt and Uncle and cousin (who will arrive from New Zealand are all going). The trip has been planned for months and obviously it was a disappointment but how wonderful that they will all be together when they finally disembark from a very long flight.

Can you imagine being stuck on a ship in the Antarctic for days on end. By the way, it is summer there. It is a Russian ship with scientists etc. some of whom are studying global warming. See, it reared its ugly head again. I understand the rescue ship also got stuck! I hope that they have enough food and drink to sustain their adventure. Will the ice ever melt? Where is Al Gore when you need him?  Oh, that's right with all his millions he made on touting and writing about global warming he is probably luxuriating in a nice warm climate. There I go again, being politically incorrect. It seems to me that the older I get, the more difficulty I have censoring my opines. Reader beware!

Needless to say,  I am hoping for the best (status quo would be wonderful) from my upcoming MRI. But, as a friend said, "we play the cards we are dealt".  I will update caringbridge on the results.

Grandpa and Grandma Centre got to play in the snow with their Grandson, Jack (you know, my adorable always smiling Grand-nephew) this past week. Fortunately we got some pictures of him opening his Christmas presents and being cuddled by my Sister. Jack is growing so fast that I hope that I can see him sooner rather than later. I am looking forward, God willing to going with my Sister to visit Mary Rutherford in St Simmons, Ga sometime in the spring. We pray for Mary as she grieves for her Husband, John.

I know that everyone has marvelous intentions of losing weight, exercising, doing good deeds, etc in 2014 but what I truly wish for one and all is good health and happiness. Everything else will eventually fall into place. Everyday we should take a moment to count our blessings and to be thankful for the people we have in our lives. Monetary things are not as important as relationships and being cognizant of the needs of others whom we care about.  2013 was not the best of years, health wise but I learned so much about myself and the true meaning of the kindness and caring of others.  I also developed such an abiding faith in God. I am truly in his hands now. Love to you all, Arlene

BAKED ARTICHOKE AND CRAB SPREAD
1 -14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1- 6 ounce crabmeat, drained and flaked
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon paprika
crackers
Preheat oven to 325F. combine first four ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to a 8 1/2 X 5 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake until top is browned, about 30 minutes. Serve with crackers.


No comments:

Post a Comment