Friday, January 17, 2014

A BIG HELLO

It has been awhile since I have written on this blog. I know I was distracted by the upcoming MRI to the point that I ignored a lot of stuff. What a waste of time worrying is! As leland tells me "don't worry until there is truly something to worry about". Obviously he is a very logical man.   What a difference a day makes!  January 15th turned out to be a good day even though I was frozen with trepidation over what might have been a less positive result. My tumor has shrunk a tad and that is wonderful news. I received so many tearful phone calls from family and friends and Micki set up a celebration Wednesday evening at the church dinner. Thank you dear friend. The procedure will be repeated in six months unless I develop problems.

Joy, the Pan Am cookbook arrived and I want to thank you so much. It was a wonderful surprise! Can't wait to read the entire book. I know it will make me nostalgic for those magic days with the premier airline in our history.

Andrea (she was a great comfort to us) and Nicholas were in the room when we got the results. Big hugs for all including Dr. Crocker. Tonight Laura and Joe will arrive. We will celebrate Laura's 30th birthday. They are still recuperating from their Hawaii trip and have made a mutual decision to never fly United Airlines. United cancelled their trip so they drove from Charlotte to Atlanta and went standby on Delta. The return was a two day affair, for which they paid top dollar on Alaska Airways. The bottom line is, however, they are home safe and sound and they made many fabulous memories.

I have been doing a lot of thinking of late about the whys and ifs of things that happen to us in life. I wish I could come up with answers but the bottom line is that I don't think that God gives us more than we can handle. People absolutely amaze me in so many positive ways. Even if they are grieving or suffering themselves they always take the time to check up on me and others. There is such goodness in my fellow human beings that at times I feel lacking. I know that I genuinely care about people and I have always had and have a innate curiosity about their pasts and their families. But, I feel that I should do more for others. That, as previously stated is my resolution for 2014. I just have to find my niche and a friend to go with me. It will happen! I do know that having a sense of humor is an absolute necessity.

i am so content with my life and realize how fortunate Leland and I are to have such wonderful and caring children. Catherine, the Mother of my four terrific stepdaughters has been a staunch supporter of my recovery and has prayed fervently for me. Thank you Cathy!

It is also important (forgive me for belaboring the point) to pay attention to what is happening to our country.  Our Grandchildren will suffer the consequences of too much government control. Children in the United States should not go hungry and be deprived of a proper education. Congress wastes so much money. Our wonderful Arm Forces should also have the money needed to keep them prepared for any eventuality. Remember there are people who exist, that do no like the United States and for what we stand for: freedom.

Parents  stay on top of what your children are being taught in their individual schools and very importantly, the friends they choose to hang around with. Granted it is much more difficult to raise children in this hi-tech environment but put limits on their exposure to video games etc. Enough said!

My friend Mary introduced me to the author Adriana Trigiana and so I am about to read "The Supreme Macaroni Company" after I complete Jack Higgins latest novel.

KEERN CURRY

One pound ground beef
One very large garlic clove
One chopped onion
One to two tablespoon tomato paste
One teaspoon vinegar
One heaping tablespoon curry powder
Saute above ingredients. Serve with rice and condiments such as chutney, raisins, peanuts etc. It's mighty good!

Stay well dear readers. Love, Arlene a.k.a. Tee


No comments:

Post a Comment