Wednesday, March 5, 2014

ANNIVERSARY

Today marks the day Leland and I got married thirty-one years ago. Where has the time gone!? This year has been tumultuous for us with my medical situation but it is also the time to reflect on the fact that without Leland being by my side I would not have made it through. He has helped me conquer my fears, taken me  for the radiation treatments, doctors' appointments, treats me for the seizures, makes sure I take my medications on time and holds  me in his arms as I sob my heart out,  always assuring me that all will be well. I could elaborate but I think you get the picture of how precious he is to me. Prayer has also, once again, come into his life. I believe that prayer has helped the whole family, especially me,  through this ordeal. Happy Anniversary, my love and may we live to celebrate many, many wonderful  more years together.

We had such a delightful time in Charlotte with Laura and Joe. We actually celebrated our anniversary with them in an Italian restaurant. It was yummy! We had the best visit! They are so happy together and  for that Lee and I are so grateful. We are also so happy for Kate and Alec.

Just a few notes: Vivadiddle, thanks for the DVD. We will watch it and return it.

I didn't watch the Oscars simply because I wasn't interested. It seems to me that there are a lot of award shows for actors'. I guess they need to feed their egos! That doesn't mean we don't enjoy a good movie, because we do.

I played bridge today so that was a nice outing. We have a cozy clubhouse that we use so no one has to go to the trouble of cleaning, cooking etc. The guys play poker there. There is a knitting club, a book club and a ladies' tea (my personal favorite) There always seems to be something going on. One of the perks of living in "The Orchards"

This is a short blog tonight as I am feeling utterly exhausted. Unfortunately, a side effect of my newly added seizure medication.

Being unable to drive and just take off when I want to, causes me to go on-line and shop. Remember the blue and white phase "bee in the bonnet"?. Well, I may have overdone it a bit (okay A LOT) on ebay so as a result I have no more room for another purchase and dropped out of ebay AGAIN so I wouldn't be tempted. I am SO naughty!

Hope all of you are doing well, enjoying life and keeping healthy. Also take a moment to be thankful for all the special people in your lives. Believe me they are so important! A phone call to say hello, I am thinking about you and care about you means so much to a friend. Just ask me! Also a special thank you to Judy and her kindness in taking me shopping and to Greg for our get togethers. And to all our Daughters your "how are you doing" phone calls mean the world to Dad and I. And, Laura thanks for checking in every day.

We are looking forward to Victoria and Preston's visit during his spring break in April.

Children, you are ALL the BEST!

BASIL MARINATED LAMB CHOPS
Marinade:
8 cloves garlic mashed
3 Tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup fresh basil, crushed
s & p

Combine marinade in a glass dish. Paint chops, cover and marinate at room temperature for two hours. Preheat grill. Cook and turn watching for flare-ups for about 20 minutes. Can also use indoor grill.  Mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus wrapped in proscuitto with shaved parmesan on top would be delicious side dishes. As always enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment