Monday, February 24, 2014

LAUGH

it's amazing how one phone call from an old and dear friend can make the day so very much better. Sue Maddock called this morning to check in with me." I have a dental appointment today and am going to hopefully get cortisone shots for my hands on Wednesday. We weren't able to attend two social events over the weekend because I didn't want to transfer my cold to anyone (however, if I knew from whom it originally came from I would gladly return it!)  I'm over medicated etc. Isn't life wonderful!" "So, how are you doing? Sue responds that since she has gone gluten free she feels ever so much better. Her tummy isn't acting up! (We stopped at Costco on the way home from the dentist and I bought a loaf of gluten free bread. It was over $6.00 a loaf! Also bought chewable probiotic gummies at $19.98. At this rate I am going to have to give up Ebay!) We compared ailments, prescriptions and as always ended up laughing hysterically. We talked about our kids, our previous adventures and everything else under the sun. We have always been terrific friends and a lot of that is based on our senses of humor. We have fifty years of memorable times and we just love to reminisce. Our pal Vivadiddle is going through some health issues but we know she will be just fine. We all met in our early twenties when our only health issues were minor colds and the occasional "tummy ache". What happened we ask one another? Viv and Ed love cruising and go on them every chance they get. Good for them! I think they have the right idea.

Speaking of phone calls, my Sister just called and we also laughed! Laughing is good! It's the best antidote for everything. She and I and our Mom used to go on wonderful adventures. Hopefully, I will be seeing C.A. real soon. In the meantime, her adorable Grandson, Jack is growing up so fast.

Also my friend June M. can make me laugh as we watch the same programs - which shall remain nameless - and catch up on them and other stuff. She is the only other person I know that enjoys the shows that I like. She too, is a wonderful friend. I miss seeing her and John every year when they used to stop by. Y'all come back.

Carol Light and I just talk and it always helps!

One of the terrific things about our family is that we can laugh. All of our daughters have great senses of humor and Greg and Lee do too. I guess it's a family trait! Sometimes, however, it can be my particular downfall because if I get nervous, I giggle and not always appropriately. I will never forgive myself when at a party a woman started singing in a very serious way. It took me off guard and I started giggling uncontrollably. I was sitting on a sofa and was trapped in the middle and had no place to go. I am not even going to mention in detail - the funeral!

The bottom line is, that I love to laugh! A laugh a day or more may just keep the doctor away. Have a great week. I will let you know all about our upcoming visit to Charlotte. Hugs and Love, Arlene

Haven't a book to recommend as we have been glued to the TV as I recently posted.

BROCCOLI PUFF
Two packages of cooked broccoli (I use steam in the bag)
One cup Bisquick
One cup milk
Two eggs
One cup cheddar
salt and pepper to taste
fresh herbs and/or spices (optional)
Can also use spinach, asparagus  etc.

Beat Bisquick, milk and egg with hand beater until smooth. Stir in broccoli and cheese and put in to a baking dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.






No comments:

Post a Comment