Thursday, March 13, 2014

MYSTERY

I have often thought that I would like to write a mystery. Who would I kill off?  What weapon would be used?  I really don't know much about snake venom or poisons and how would the victim react to these methods. Would they foam at the mouth, look aghast or just gently fade away? My mystery would have to take place long before forensics, and weapon identification tools and DNA. I would have my murderer kill the victim with a spade in the barn with the cows bellowing in the barn. Of course, it would be the wife of the abusive farmer. Now you tell me, would you buy this book? I surely would not!

Look at Mary Higgins Clark. She started writing in her fifties to support five children. She now lives in a fancy dancy estate in New Jersey and has oodles of money and emeralds. Now her Daughter is following in the footsteps of her famous Mother. I think to myself that just because I love reading mysteries doesn't mean I can sit down and write one. Honestly, I get more fatigued just thinking of it. But believe me I have often thought it would be wonderful to be the new Agatha Christie and create another character similar to Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple. Oh, I forgot to mention that my mysteries would take place in the Cotswolds. But, there's a catch, I have never been there! I guess I could imagine an English barn and a timbered cottage and a poker from a huge fireplace as a weapon. Of course, it would be a best seller and turn into a series of books and then a film. TJ Maxx here I come!

It all sounds lovely and financially rewarding but I realize I am already writing a story on this very blog. A love story with a little bit of history thrown in. It will not be a best seller but hopefully it will be something my family, those I know and those that are yet to be born will read and know just a little about their relatives. This is my legacy to my loved ones. I keep trying to dredge up the past in my head because I know I am leaving  out quite a bit, But, there is some stuff I prefer to keep to myself.  So folks, I am not done yet, elections are coming up to comment on,  I have new recipes to share and unfortunately more doctor appointments coming up, places to go,  and just maybe I will tell a tale or two when I misbehaved - just a tiny, tiny bit!

SPINACH CASSEROLE
2 T butter cubed
12 oz cottage cheese
3 eggs, beaten
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained well
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss etc)
garlic powder
cheetez crackers, crushed
Mix first six ingredients and put into greased baking dish. Top with crushed cheetez crackers. I normally double the recipe and put into a 9 by 11 dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment