Saturday, February 22, 2014

OLYMPICS ETC.

Call me a couch potato or a lazy boy recliner because I have been an avid observer of the Olympics. My bottom has  expanded from sitting days on end and believe me that is not a good thing. I think my next purchase will be Spanx!  But, the bottom line is that the winter games have captured our attention. If an ice skater falls we want he or she to rally and do well no matter their country of origin. But I have to say we were delighted that White and Davis won the gold medal. They deserved it! I have always thought Bode Miller positively adorable even though he fathered two children out of wedlock - shame on him - but I was happy he shared in winning a bronze medal. Besides he finally found his "soul mate" in his twenty-six year old wife. It's amazing the time, money and years that go into making it to the big event and then a tumble on a ski slope ends the quest for the medal, at least for now. What troopers one and all.

I have a quest of my own right now. I am on the hunt for blue and white Asian etc. porcelain. I am back on Ebay and having such a good time. Today, Leland, Greg and I went antiquing and out to lunch. I found the cutest ginger jar! All my green stuff is tucked away and the cupboard Dad made is now filled with my newest "can't live without" blue and white STUFF! You know I am better because I am rearranging. That's a good thing! I just love our home and am glad I can make periodic small changes. Don't you just love the homey English style, the French country look or that Tuscan look that makes you want to cook pasta? I have never been a big believer in horoscopes but I am a Scorpio and do have Scorpio tendencies. Maybe there is something in those signs after all! All I know that it makes me happy to find things I like to look at.

I am ready for spring and looking forward to seeing buds on the bare trees and little daffodils popping up. This winter has been a wee on the cold side and Atlanta got hit with snow that literally threw the city into a tizzy. We just stayed home all snuggled up. We had plenty of food and our electricity stayed on. And, we had each other. What more could one ask for? My heart went out to those that had difficulties. I hope our Governor learned a BIG lesson!

My Sister is coming to visit in the spring and we will go galavanting. She and I are great galivantors. We even like getting lost! I miss her so much! I need a Sister fix!

I read somewhere that instead of living a day at a time one should live a moment at a time. Just take a moment to think of someone who is ailing, or to count your blessings or to say thank you to everyone that has shown you a kindness,  I am going to concentrate on the positives and not on the negatives. I need to remember how lucky I am to have come this far. I want to continue on my quests. I want to be here for my family and friends so keep me in your prayers. They have brought me this far. Thank you!

Our Son, Gregory has been so good at keeping my spirits up and putting everything in perspective for me. He has always been there for us in time of need. I told him today that when he was young and not feeling well I would sleep on the floor next to his bed in case he needed me in the middle of the night. And, if he really didn't feel well I would sit in the wing chair in the living room holding him through the night. Now at fifty he is a man that I am extremely proud of. Thanks Greg, for listening to me whine and picking my spirits up. Love you lots, Mom

SIMPLE ARTICHOKE DIP

One 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
One cup mayonaise
One cup grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Combine artichoke hearts, mayo and parmesan cheese and mix well.Spread into 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly and brown. Serve with sliced baguettes or pita chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment