Friday, September 20, 2013

MICKI G


Generosity:

Today I want to chat about generosity. When I had my brain surgery last March and was finally up to having visitors in walked Micki G. with a straw hat. My first hat and how cute it is!  It has even been to Scotland! It turns out it is the first of many that I now own, but the most memorable because it was the sheer thoughtfulness of the gesture that made it so special.

Yesterday Micki stopped by with another "head" gift; "Fusion" keratin hair fibers. She proceeded to sprinkle just a bit on my head and it made my bald spots look as if I do have a bit of hair.  What a miracle!  Besides the tangible gifts Micki has given me her time, advice and her unwavering friendship.  And, she just listens without judgement. Micki G. is very special.

The Meaning of Tee:

Now yesterday I wrote that I would explain where Tee comes from. Very simply it was my nickname in my younger days.

Reading:

I have been on a reading binge and I want to share with you an author by the name of Louise Perry. Her books featuring Gamache are fantastic. Another favorite author is Diane Mott -Davidson. Both are mystery writers and I encourage one and all to start at the beginning of their series.

Recipe:

A recipe that I want to share has no name but was given to me by my kindergarten friend, Mary Rutherford (please keep her husband John in your prayers as he goes through treatments). Layer ice cream sandwiches in a 9" x 11" pan. Poke holes in the sandwiches and pour amaretto on them. Spread cool whip (mixed with a tablespoon of the amaretto) on top and then coat the top with sliced almonds, cover and freeze. Just before serving remove from the freezer. I promise you that this desert is delicious and as you can see very easy to prepare. Bon Appetit!!

Reading Revisited:

I almost forgot one of my favorite British mystery writers, M.C. Beaton featuring Agatha Raison. I feel so "with it" having my very own blog because honestly, I am hopeless when it comes to texting ( I don't do it) and using new-fangled phones. I don't even think my cell phone takes pictures, thankfully, and friends know not to leave me messages as I don't know how to retrieve them. Well, I think I will say goodnight now. Have a terrific weekend one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment