Monday, April 28, 2014

HELLO

Life, at times can be very complicated. It isn't always easy to navigate through life without coming to a roadblock or two in our way. (I know that I have mentioned that topic of conversation before). Complete satisfaction in everything that is going on in our lives at the same time is not always obtainable. So, we do the best we can under circumstances out of our control. At the moment I am trying to "snap out of" the "woe is me" stage I am in. Believe you me I count my blessings and thank God for the wonderful progress I have made. But, I am writing this with a brace on my thumb and the pain of carpal tunnel and arthritis making me uncomfortable. But, as you can read I am doing the best I can. Thank goodness for the delete tab! I know that in the not too distant future I will have to make a decision to have surgery. Not a pleasant decision! But, it will also depend on what the doctors' decide. Time will tell. Stay tuned!

On a happy note we had a delightful weekend joining some friends for our monthly get together. The men tell jokes, talk about sports and politics. The women gab about all sorts of topics. We do try and not focus on medical conditions and we all get gussed up. It's fun and it also makes us realize how many wonderful friends we have here. I brought my peach surprise dessert from an earlier blog and it seemed to be a hit.

Laura and Joe spent the weekend in Charleston with their best friends, Kate and Alec. They went fishing and much to their dismay Laura and Kate caught stingrays. UGH! The men caught fish but released them. They had such a terrific visit. They are home "safe and sound". That makes Mama happy!

Up in New York my great nephew, Jack celebrated his first birthday (with Grandma Centre in attendance) with a crowd of children and adults at a restaurant catering to childrens' parties in Riverdale. The food was supplied from a restaurant on Arthur Ave. (Little Italy) in N.Y.C. They all had a blast! Jack was all dressed up complete with a bow tie and just smiled away. He has a doting family and as a result is a VERY happy child.

I just got back from a walk (7:30p.m.) What perfect weather; a slight breeze and no sun beating down on me. The grass is starting to turn green, the trees are abloom and a hint of a floral scent wafted through the air from the budding shrubs. All of a sudden, all was right with the world and my little troubles floated up, up and away, I guess getting a little exercise mentally makes me feel better. I must get in the habit of taking a walk, weather permitting every evening.

We are looking forward to Greg's visit this week. He's been great taking me out to do errands when necessary. Which reminds me how anxious I am to drive again so that I can reciprocate the kindness of all who take me here and there. Thanks all!

I am reading "THE TARGET" by David Baldacci and truly enjoying it.

I'm too lazy to go back through all of my old recipes so I am hoping that this is not a repeat.
HAWAIIAN NUT SANDWICHES (makes 12 dozen party sandwiches
1/4 cup evaporated milk
2 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained well
1/4 chopped pecans
Blend milk and cheese together. Add pineapple and nuts. Blend well. Good on orange or raisin bread as well as thin white bread.  I think this is a great recipe for a ladies' tea.

Have a great week and stay happy and healthy. There are many of you in my prayers. Love, Arlene


No comments:

Post a Comment