Friday, April 11, 2014

BLOOMIN!


When we moved to Georgia over twenty years ago I remember someone saying to me, "if you have never had allergies you will get them eventually". Well, eventually is NOW! Leland took me to Dr. Bozof again yesterday (I hope he doesn't think I have a crush on him!) because I have been coughing etc. for over two weeks. Well, I am now on medication for allergies! My medicine takes up an entire shelf in the kitchen and I need to have all my faculties to figure out the timing of everything. Well, it could be worse - I truly thought I had bronchitis. Now, getting back to my allergies: the beautiful trees that are in bloom that I have been oohing over are now the bane of my existence and the yellow pollen hasn't even made an appearance yet  - phooey!

We are looking forward to our eldest Daughter, Victoria and her Son, Preston's visit. They will arrive late Tuesday afternoon. Preston is on spring break and Grandpa and I are flattered that he wants to spend the time with us. We are proud of this young man, now a teenager. 

I am over my blue and white buying phase because quite frankly, I have run out of space to put another objet d' art. I am glad that Leland hasn't gotten a hernia from carrying up all the boxes from our mailbox kiosk.  But, I must say I am enjoying all of my purchases.

For awhile (maybe a minute or two) my appetite decreased and I actually had them pack up half of my lunch at our last luncheon. Truly, a first for me. But, lo and behold it has come back and I actually ate an entire pizza last night. I said to Leland, "please never let me do that again!".  I am really trying to cut down on sugary things which I dearly love. What's the difference between pudgy and chubby? I guess they both mean FAT! I am thinking that putting on a bathing suit this summer is not an option. 

I am going to email, Stuart WOODS and give him what for. His last two books slandered Fox news (my personal favorite) and he has turned Stone Barrington into a sex machine and his plots are so similar. So instead of recommending a author to read, I am recommending him as a author NOT to read. But, this is America so you make your own decision.

MARY'S CARROT SOUFFLE

1 pound fresh carrots
1/2 cup melted butter
3 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
3 T all purpose flour
1 t baking powder
2 t vanilla
Cook carrot until tender in small amount of boiling water. Put carrots and butter in a blender, blend. Add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. Spoon into lightly greased caserole and bake at 350 degree 45 minutes or until firm.

Have a lovely weekend folks. Love, Arlene




No comments:

Post a Comment